Sunday, March 13, 2011

Soledad O'Brien told me to tell you Happy Birthday!


On behalf of the whole crew, I'd like to wish Zev a Happy Birthday today.  To honor his day, I'm posting these photos I took of him a couple of months ago while he was doing his thing....real big I might add...on Emory's campus.  In conjunction with the Center for Ethics the Emory University College Council hosts an annual event titled the STATE OF RACE.  This year's guest speaker was author, CNN journalist, special correspondent Soledad O'Brien (you know...CNN presents: Black in America/Muslim in America/Latino in America series).  Zev or Daniel Weingarten as he was introduced this particular night opened the event with a spoken word piece.  He ripped it, of course...and as you can tell from the photos, I think Mrs. O'Brien would certainly agree.

Be on the lookout for the Birthday Boy later this spring as he steps to the 'Mic' again.  This time it might be accompanied by two turn tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment